Cogent labs is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer (6+ years of relevant experience) to help create innovative and creative services based on AI. Successful candidates will join a highly skilled and growing team, and should be able to help specify, develop, test, and deploy high-quality backend solutions for Cogent’s customers.
Required experience and competencies
- Leading a team of engineers
- Building and maintaining scalable high-throughput message queue architectures
- Deep understanding of distributed systems
- Building customer-facing cloud-native systems on GCP or AWS
- Continually benchmarking, optimizing, and monitoring microservices to support fast growth
- Very strong coding skills in Node.js, Python, or Go
- Automating testing and deployment of containerized applications
- Taking lead on and pushing successful projects
- Guiding and mentoring more junior engineers in proper engineering practices through code review and peer programming
- Defining backend architecture and implementation details of new features in cooperation with other team members, front-end, and machine learning engineers
- Specifying and developing scalable and performant cloud infrastructure
- Finding bottlenecks and continually improving system performance
The Cogent Labs engineering department is continuously working towards developing a culture improving and rewarding the following qualities:
- Team effort: A cohesive team can be more effective than an isolated prodigy. Engineers are expected to work well in groups and look for opportunities to empower their colleagues.
- Responsibility: Take responsibility for your own tasks and hold others responsible for theirs.
- Self-improvement: Create an environment where engineers can focus on their engineering tasks and self-improvement without excessive outside disturbances.
- Experimentation: Engineers should have some freedom in experimenting with new ideas and technologies, as this ultimately could translate into building better products or the creation of valuable new IP.
- Quality: Maintaining a mindset of developing high quality features and code.